Support for the Development from Her Royal Highness's Funds
Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn has been interested in Development works since her early childhood. Accompanying Their Majesties the King and Queen on frequent visits to rural and remote areas have inspired Her Royal Highness with enthusiasm to help the underprivileged and needy people. Her Royal Highness has therefore undertaken many development projects to improve the well being of children and young people especially those living in rural remote areas of Thailand.
Each year, Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn supported children, young people, teachers and and villagers in remote communities all over Thailand, using the funds contributed from organizations, associations, groups of people and individuals in the "Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn Charity Fund" and the "Fund for the Development of Children and Youth in Remote Area".
In order to promote the welfare and status of children and young people from various ethnic and minority groups, including the "Pga Kayaw" ethnic group residing in the mountainous area in northern Thailand, Her Royal Highness's initiatives help develop those disadvantaged in various dimensions such as education, public health, nutrition, agriculture, to name a few.
"Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn Charity Fund"
1. Providing the scholarship for students under Her Royal Highness's Patronage and the scholarship for monks and novices in Monastic Schools in the Royal-Initiated Project areas.
2. Providing funds for school contruction, multi-purpose buildings, libraries, and restrooms
3. Providing medical appliances for hospitals
4. Providing allowances for teachers
5. Providing the scholarship for teachers to further studies
6. Providing medical expenses for patients in need under Her Royal Highness's Patronage
7. Providing donations for temples and mosques
8. Providing lunch expense for students in the schools in the Royal-Initiated Project areas
9. Providing natural disaster mitigation fund
"Fund for the Development of Children and Youth in Remote Areas"
Pga-Gayaw students in the Hill tribe Community Learning Centre
in Omkoi District, Chiang Mai Province
1. Providing the scholarship for students under Her Royal Highness's Patronage : the total number of students having received Her Royal Highness's scholarship is 3,910 persons since 1988, and for 2009, moreover, 1,440 students will receive Her Royal Highness's scholarship in 2009
2. Providing money for school construction, the classroom of the hill tribe community learning centre, student's residence, school's dining room, school's water supply, rainwater storage etc
3. Providing money for food supply such as rice, milk powder, sugar, food supplements for Border Patrol Police Schools nationwide
4. Providing allowances for volunteer teachers and nannies in child development centres
5. Providing medicine expense and medical supply expense for the Medical Unit.
6. Providing money for the provincial and district hospitals in setting up the Fund for the patients in need
7. Providing books, education and school supplies and agricultural utensils etc. for the schools in the Royal-Initiated Project areas
8. Providing fund for promoting occupation development in rural communities
The classroom of the Hill tribe Community Learning Centre
in Oumpang District, Tak Province
Contributions for the Development as initiated by
Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn
1997 - 2008
Year Contributions Contributions Total Amount
(A.D.) fm. Princess fm. Children & Youth (baht)
Charity Fund Development Fund
1997 - 39,329,152.92 39,329,152.92
1998 74,984,636.02 17,534,734.94 92,519,370.96
1999 53,404,583.92 22,870,172.60 76,274,756.52
2000 42,516,336.00 28,323,666.91 70,840,002.91
2001 103,847,627.86 26,770,294.91 130,627,922.77
2002 104,587,777.65 9,312,995.68 113,900,773.33
2003 105,936,460.91 30,683,812.22 136,620,273.13
2004 112,607,003.21 25,459,331.28 138,066,334.49
2005 198,141,928.92 39,378,772.41 237,520,701.33
2006 162,042,583.60 29,076,606.11 191,119,189.71
2007 307,899,844.36 25,529,913.00 333,429,757.36
2008 112,429,780.31 70,967,114.48 185,396,894.79
Grand Total 1,378,408,563.26 365,236,567.47 1,743,645,130.73